The nomination deadline for the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) Advocacy Awards is January 30.
The judges will name the winners of this award in February. Take few minutes to review the award criteria and nominate worthy colleagues, or contact students to submit their papers. Complete the nominations form and e-mail it to ACCE. The award categories include:
- Lifetime Achievement: This award honors an individual based on lifelong accomplishments and contributions to the clinical engineering profession.
- Marv Shepherd Patient Safety: For an individual who has excelled in the “safety” area related to the clinical engineering field.
- Challenge Award: The award will be given to an individual who is not presently an ACCE member, but who is eligible for membership, for his or her achievements in the field of medical technology within the clinical engineering field. For example, an individual who has contributed to the design of a “safe” environment.
- Tom O’Dea Advocacy Award: For an individual who has written articles, given presentations, or led efforts that have advanced the field of clinical engineering—particularly in promoting the profession to people in other related fields.
- Professional Achievement in Technology/Professional Development Award: The award goes to an individual for his or her contributions to the clinical engineering profession of a professional or technical nature, such as research or development of a new technique or product, a paper of significance on a technical issue, or “trailblazing” work in a new application of clinical engineering.
- Student Paper Competition: The award for an individual currently a student in a clinical engineering or related graduate program who wrote a paper that contributes significantly to the body of knowledge in clinical engineering.
- Antonio Hernandez International Clinical Engineering Award: The award for an international engineer who has advanced health care technology management in his or her country to improve quality, service, and affordability.
- International ACEW Award Criteria: This award is for an organization demonstrating significant improvements in national health care technology management structure/outcomes since ACCE and partners conducted advanced clinical engineering workshops in their countries.
Visit the ACCE Web site for more information.