The Healthcare Technology Foundation (HTF) announces the appointment of several new board members, as well as the reappointment of some veteran board members. The election was held in conjunction with the HTF’s recent annual meeting.
Below are the recent appointments:
- Elected for a second term: Qusai Shikari, Erin Sparnon, Jim Wear
- Elected for a third term: Izabella Gieras, Steve Merritt
- Elected for their first term: Bridget Moorman, Joanne Phillips, Halley Ruppel
- Elected for a first term advisory: Jim Pipenbrink
HTF—501 (c)(3) non-profit foundation—was founded on the principle that achieving improvement in the safe use of healthcare technology requires diverse stakeholders to come together in order to utilize their collective knowledge on the design, use, integration, and servicing of healthcare technology, systems, and devices.
According to HTF officials, the foundation supports:
- The promotion of excellence in clinical engineering leadership through research, education, and certification
- Funding of related research and programs
- Effective collaborations between medical device producers, regulators, users, and clinical engineers
- The creation of safety-related education material that is useful to members of the public