ECRI Institute and the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) will cosponsor a preconference session at the 2014 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference and exhibition in Orlando, Fla. “Patient Safety – Making Healthcare Safer: Health IT Challenges and Solutions” will address how leading health systems are avoiding health IT-related errors. The session takes place on February 23, 2014.
Ronni Solomon, executive vice president and general counsel of ECRI Institute and Erin Sparnon, an engineering manager from Health Devices, will discuss current patient safety infrastructure and governance and how health IT can resolve safety issues.
Topics to be covered include:
- Applying safety science to health IT
- Strategizing for health IT safety surveillance and response
- Incorporating safety risk management into IT processes and culture
- Applying human factors principles and usability to EHR implementation
- Safety solutions in system integration and interoperability
- Future directions for patient safety through health IT
The session is appropriate for hospital administrative, clinical, and IT leaders, as well as managers and professionals in informatics, patient safety, quality, and risk management. For more information, visit the preconference homepage or ECRI Institute.