The 2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award has been given to 11 US hospitals to honor websites that “promote transparency of safety and quality measures in a manner that is useful and user-friendly for consumers.” The awards were given by URAC, a national accreditation body, and the Leapfrog Group, an organization focused on healthcare safety.
Eleven hospitals received the 2013 Hospital Website Transparency Award, and three hospitals received the Award with Distinction for going above and beyond in their work to promote hospital website transparency:
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Inova (Alexandria, Fair Oaks, Fairfax, Loudoun, Mount Vernon)
- Harlem Hospital Center
- Mercy Regional Medical Center
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- St. Mary Corwin Medical Center
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Baptist Health South Florida (with Distinction)
- JFK Medical Center (with Distinction)
- Kaiser Permanente (with Distinction)
The criteria for the awards were developed in accordance with the National Quality Forum’s guidelines for consumer-focused, Internet-based public reporting of health performance data as well as the Model Public Report Elements prepared for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.