A patient being treated in a hospital’s intensive care unit in India died after his ventilator caught fire, and the man’s relatives, including his son, are blaming the incident for his death, reports the Deccan Herald

“Due to blaze, smoke filled the ICU room and when my father was pulled out from there, he died due to lack of proper oxygen supply,” he alleged.

The district medical authorities, however, said that the patient did not die as a result of the fire incident. Shivpuri district collector ordered a magisterial probe into the incident. 

Read more at the Deccan Herald