Austin, Texas-based Accruent and Attainia, based in Scottsdale, Ariz., have formed a partnership to help healthcare delivery organizations manage their full asset life cycles and reduce incremental costs. The goal is to help providers control costs while ensuring high levels of patient care.
According to a recent Becker’s Hospital CFO Report, U.S. hospitals are failing to realize up to $15 billion in annual medical equipment life cycle (MELC) savings due to “lack of accurate information, internal resources, bandwidth and specialized expertise.” Accruent and Attainia offer accurate information to aid in all MELC phases and increase confidence in capital planning decisions.
In order to truly know and reduce the total cost of asset ownership, organizations must implement full asset life cycle management—from preassessment through acquisition and support to final disposition. Informed purchasing decisions based on total visibility of organizational needs can further reduce the total cost of ownership of assets and positively impact bottom lines. In addition, using objective data to create multiyear strategic capital replacement plans increases the ability to negotiate discounts and improves outcomes from construction and facility renovation projects.
Hospital systems struggle with equipment life cycle management challenges across healthcare technology and facilities management departments. Effective MELC management tools help healthcare organizations:
- Improve patient care through streamlined processes, efficiencies, and cost reduction
- Quickly generate and update accurate equipment budgets
- Collaborate and centralize capital equipment decision processes
- Reduce expensive change orders and project completion delays
- Prioritize, forecast, and control capital expenditures for immediate and long-term budgets
Together, Accruent and Attainia can help deliver these benefits by providing:
- A standardized equipment catalog with more than 63,000 SKUs for medical furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) that improves asset data integrity, reduces complexity, and streamlines project creation
- Tools for collaboration on equipment planning and approval workflows to ensure that these processes are efficient and predictable with minimal deviations, which dramatically reduces the number of change orders
- A single, consolidated, real-time view of all capital equipment spend, comparisons of planned and actual spend, and breakdowns of strategic and routine systemwide spend that enables cross-organizational strategic planning, resulting in larger purchasing discounts
- Aggregated analytics that facilitate data-driven planning to help reduce the total cost of equipment ownership
“The Accruent and Attainia partnership will dramatically impact the way our healthcare clients and future prospects manage their capital equipment,” says DJ Chhabra, CEO and chairman of the board of Attainia. “Each company has a leading market position with healthcare planning solutions, and the synergy of our products will allow us to provide integrated data insights and an improved client experience in the planning and management of capital equipment.”
Currently, Accruent serves more than 55% of U.S. hospitals, providing capital planning, healthcare technology management, and facilities management software and services. Attainia provides capital equipment planning and replacement software and analytics to more than 1,000 hospitals.
“A comprehensive capital life cycle management program can save millions of dollars for a healthcare organization,” says Al Gresch, Accruent’s vice president of healthcare support, who has helped build such systems for three different organizations. “To build such a system requires significant expertise, time, and resources. With this partnership, most of the heavy lifting is done for you and it makes that model achievable for any organization.”