AAMI will hold a free online demo of its benchmarking software for healthcare technology management on Thursday, April 24, from noon to 1:00 pm Eastern time.
The web-based benchmarking tool is designed to help HTM departments compare their practices, policies, and procedures with those of similar departments at other facilities. The tool offers more than 70 benchmarking measurements along with useful charts and graphs. The data on which the tool is based encompasses the following:
- Staffing levels
- Budgeting levels for maintenance, office expenses, and training
- Cost of maintenance contracts
- Hours spent on maintenance and repair
- Personnel qualifications and departmental responsibilities
- Numbers of devices maintained by your program
- Reporting structures
- Scheduled inspections.