2014 will pose a number of challenges for healthcare organizations, including the transition to Stage 2 Meaningful Use and ICD-10 compliance. Among these is the need to complete security risk assessments in order to verify that protected health information (PHI) remains secure.
IT audit and compliance firm CoalFire will host a webinar on July 30 to discuss HIPAA compliance and the process of conducting internal risk assessments. The presentation will cover topics such as:
- Challenges of doing in-house risk assessments
- Examples of self-risk assessment tools, including the pros and cons of each
- How to decide whether to secure third-party services
- How to conduct a risk/compliance assessment
- Common issues with completing risk/compliance assessments
One CLE credit is available for this session. To register, visit the event page.