St. Charles, Mo.-based BC Biomedical announces that its IPA-3400 Infusion Pump Analyzer is now patented under U.S. Patent No. 10,100,828. The IPA-3400 provides continuous monitoring of fluid flow without the need to stop and perform intermittent drains like older technologies do—which, BC Biomedical officials say, provides a more realistic flow path for the infusion device being tested and, therefore, more accurate readings.
Also, independent stepper motor control of the ceramic valving allows the system to run not only more quietly and smoothly, but it also allows for a bidirectional=powered fluid flow for use in the built-in cleaning cycle.
Additional product features include:
- A 7-inch color touch screen
- Dual-syringe system that eliminates drain cycle inconsistencies
- Quiet operation
- Auto start
- Built in data collection
- Built in auto test sequences
- Industrial-grade SS pressure sensor
- Performs all International Electrotechnical Commission 60601-2-24 required tests
- 10 uL to 1600 mL/hr
- Four USB ports and four AUX ports
- Flash drives, barcode scanners, keyboard, and mouse directly supported
- Configurable pressure (mmHg, PSI, Bar, kPa)