Ordr—a provider in connected device security—announced the availability of Ordr Clinical Defender, which is designed to allow HTM teams to more efficiently and accurately manage their connected medical devices.
Ordr Clinical Defender was built on Ordr’s foundational asset and risk management features, and developed with best practices from top healthcare delivery organizations.
HTM teams today face significant challenges in managing the explosive growth of connected medical devices critical to patient care. There is typically a 15-20% discrepancy between assets registered in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), and assets deployed on the network. This increases risks for healthcare organizations as unknown devices increase the attack surface, and missing devices may contain protected health information (PHI), putting the organization in jeopardy of a costly HIPAA data breach violation.
Addressing clinical risks—like identifying devices running outdated operating systems—can drag on for weeks due to the lack of accurate data, making organizations vulnerable to cyberattacks.
Ordr Clinical Defender, which is running on the new Ordr 8 Software release, provides focused, actionable, and accurate HTM insights and workflows, so HTM and clinical engineering teams can:
- Automate real-time asset inventory without impacting device operations;
- Address compliance by identifying missing, newly-connected, or misplaced devices;
- Mitigate risks by identifying devices with vulnerabilities and recalls;
- Accelerate remediation efforts for devices with clinical risks; and,
- Save millions of dollars by optimizing device utilization.
“The thing we were astonished by was the visualization of the Ordr data. We found quite a few devices that had very out-of-date operating systems that we were not aware of, that we’re now addressing from an upgrade standpoint. We were able to mitigate those risks before anything happens,” says Chuck Christian, VP Technology and CTO, Franciscan Alliance.
Ordr Clinical Defender and Ordr 8 capabilities include:
- Data Shaper for users to customize the Ordr platform and quickly zero in on the information and insights most relevant to them.
- Asset Inventory and Analysis, which highlights critical information for real-time visibility and compliance
- Connectivity and Location Analysis that pinpoints devices in the wrong zone, VLAN or subnets.
- Clinical Risk Insights and Workflows that enable prioritized risk remediation.
“We’ve partnered closely with the leading healthcare organizations in the world to develop a simplified and optimized product for HTM. It’s everything HTM and clinical engineering teams need to more efficiently perform their most critical tasks. We’re excited to bring the value and benefits of the Ordr platform to a new set of stakeholders,” says Gnanaprakasam Pandian, chief product officer and co-founder of Ordr.