Accruent, Austin, Texas, and Attainia, Scottsdale, Ariz, are expanding their partnership to allow Attainia to integrate Accruent’s Data Insights into the Attainia platform. The agreement will enable capital equipment planners to access aggregated asset ownership data for thousands of equipment models while creating project plans. This integration, scheduled for release on June 17, will allow planners to make equipment choices based on the ownership experiences of other healthcare organizations.
An estimate cited by Becker’s CFO Report indicated that medical device lifecycle management costs U.S. hospitals $93 billion annually. These costs include installation expenses, repair, and maintenance as well as the cost of disposition. The more a hospital or health system spends on these management activities, the greater the impact on their margins and the potential impact the level of care they can deliver. Many organizations are in reactive mode, and long-term lifecycle management, which requires an integrated approach, has seemed unreachable for some.
Accruent Data Insights is a web application that provides hospital executives information to assist in making the capital planning, purchasing, maintenance, and labor decisions for their biomedical equipment. Based on ownership experiences from more than half of U.S. hospitals, the Accruent Data Insights platform aggregates millions of data points and delivers valuable metrics in easy-to-consume visualizations to guide decisions.
Accruent Data Insights enables hospitals to:
- Determine the most reliable and lowest cost of operation equipment to purchase
- Identify and manage cost reductions without adding resources
- Plan future capital spend for equipment and materials
- Account for proper depreciation schedules
- Optimize clinical engineering headcount and resourcing based on predicted labor needs
- Determine the best time to replace biomedical devices
Attainia’s Project is a comprehensive capital equipment planning software platform that helps healthcare teams manage construction and renovation projects to meet both time and budget requirements. Attainia Project provides:
- A medical equipment catalog containing more than 66,000 products
- Time-saving, customizable templates to assist in planning individual rooms or entire departments
- A single, cloud-based point of entry for all project stakeholders
- Real-time collaboration connecting user groups on-site, working remotely, and at corporate offices and architectural firms around the country
“The integration of Accruent’s Data Insights platform with Attainia Project delivers tremendous value to our entire bases, respectively,” says DJ Chhabra, CEO and Chairman of Attainia. “Data Insights allows equipment planners and executives to understand the total cost of operation, life expectancy and reliability of equipment during pre-purchase and to plan more effectively than ever before. These combined services help them to anticipate the need for equipment replacement, directly impacting the protection of revenue and improving patient satisfaction.”