Crothall Healthcare’s Healthcare Technology Solutions (HTS) division has acquired ABM’s clinical engineering organization.
Crothall Healthcare manages and provides oversight of a hospital’s entire lifecycle of medical devices. It maintains approximately 1,000,000 medical devices annually and services more than 200 hospitals and health systems across the country.
“This acquisition expands Healthcare Technology Solutions bringing our proven record of clinical engineering quality, innovation, and expertise to more health systems. We are pleased to welcome our new customers and the ABM team to the Crothall family,” says James Cheek, president, Crothall Healthcare Technology Solutions.
Key benefits of the acquisition include:
- Increased patient safety and reduced medical device risk by reducing variation in processes through the company’s ISO 13485:2016 Quality Management System.
- Technologies for cybersecurity management (cyberHUB), remote monitoring for imaging equipment (remoteINSIGHTS), and equipment distribution and disinfection (equipREADY).
- Data via Crothall’s capitalINSIGHTS platform, providing medical equipment priority replacement guidance and justification.
- Complete executive dashboards transparency and visibility to inventory through the company’s computerized maintenance management system (teamCHAMPS).
- Reduced reliance on OEM or other Independent service organization contracts through comprehensive training programs.
For more information regarding the merger, click here.