Vizzia Technologies, a software and managed service provider of real-time location systems (RTLS) for healthcare organizations, was selected by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as their asset management platform at an existing and a new medical facility. Vizzia participated in an extensive two-year national evaluation process to provide the industry’s most advanced RTLS solutions.
The Vizzia InVIEW℠ software platform provides real-time data analytics to improve patient care and Vizzia’s enhanced Environmental Monitoring solution protects patients and critical medical supplies, including vaccines. Vizzia’s strong references were Piedmont Healthcare, the largest provider in Georgia (22 hospitals), Grady Memorial, the largest hospital in Georgia (953 beds) and Children’s Health of Orange County in California (Level I pediatric trauma center).
“Vizzia is honored to collaborate with Children’s on this transformative project,” says Dave Wiedman, chief commercial officer of Vizzia Technologies. “We continue to focus on delivering innovative solutions that improve patient care and healthcare efficiency.”
Children’s new 70-acre medical campus features the Arthur M. Blank Hospital:
- $1.5 billion healthcare project; largest hospital construction ever in the state of Georgia
- 19-story hospital with more than 1.5 million square feet of space and a total of 446 beds
- Attached to the hospital will be an 11-story, 325,000-square-foot medical office building
- Will be designated a dedicated Level 1 pediatric trauma center, the only one in Georgia.
The RTLS technology that will be deployed at Children’s was tested in the Vizzia IoT Lab at the University of New Mexico and is used at leading pediatric hospitals across the country, including: Boston Children’s, Children’s Colorado, Cincinnati Children’s, Children’s Philadelphia, Stanford Children’s, Texas Children’s, and St. Jude Children’s.
Vizzia was recently selected for other new healthcare projects in Atlanta:
- Marcus Tower at Piedmont Healthcare, a $603 million, 16-story hospital with 408 beds
- Correll Pavilion at Grady Health System, a $227 million, 10-story surgical services center.
“Vizzia is a recognized leader in Georgia’s healthcare technology ecosystem,” says Chris Karabinos, chair of the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) Digital Health Society. TAG has named Vizzia a Top 40 innovative technology company.