For the fifth consecutive year, The American Heart Association’s Start! initiative has recognized Welch Allyn, Skaneateles Falls, NY, as a platinum-level fit-friendly company by helping employees eat better and move more.
“Employee health and wellness is a top priority at Welch Allyn and we’re committed to providing the best work environment possible,” said Steve Meyer, president and CEO at Welch Allyn. “For example, we offer fitness programs with incentives that include earning credit toward insurance premiums and encourage people to increase their physical activity in simple ways, such as using the walking trail that surrounds our global headquarters.”
Platinum-Level employers such as Welch Allyn:
- Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace
- Increase healthy eating options at the worksite
- Promote a wellness culture in the workplace
- Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, and culture
- Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness
The company’s two facilities in Skaneateles Falls, NY, are tobacco-free. Additionally, Welch Allyn offers healthy meal options for nominal prices in its on-site cafeteria and affordable gym memberships for employees, their family members, and Welch Allyn retirees at the Peter H. Soderberg Fitness Center run by HealthFitness Corp, located within the company’s global headquarters.