Carestream Health will show its new CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray System at the upcoming Radiological Society of North America trade show (Booth #6713). This system uses carbon nanotube technology to deliver significantly reduced size and weight when compared to existing mobile X-ray systems. It is scheduled for availability in 2018 and currently is not available for sale.
“We are showcasing our commitment to continued technological advances by demonstrating a new generation of mobile X-ray systems with carbon nanotube technology that offers important productivity and ergonomic advantages,” said Jianqing Bennett, Carestream’s President of Digital Medical Solutions.
The DRX-Revolution Nano system is a lighter weight, non-motorized system that is easier to move and position even in cramped critical care areas.
The new system includes:
- Fully integrated digital workflow
- Carbon nanotube technology and an advanced lithium iron phosphate battery that contributes to longer life
- A sleek design with enhanced visibility both over and around the system
- A compact footprint and total weight of about 200 pounds that make it easy to maneuver and position in tight spaces; and
- Support for all Carestream DRX detectors.
Carestream offers a comprehensive portfolio of mobile and room-based imaging systems to address the varying needs and budgets of healthcare providers. The company established its reputation for innovation with wireless DRX detectors that have dramatically improved radiology workflows. Carestream’s detector portfolio includes DRX Plus and DRX Core detectors available in a variety of sizes that are designed to meet the workflow requirements and budgets for healthcare facilities of all sizes.