Austin-based Accruent has launched its Data Insights solution to the healthcare market. According to company officials, Accruent Data Insights can provide objective equipment performance and reliability data for thousands of equipment models to help healthcare organizations reduce costs and promote patient care.
Accruent Data Insights aggregates asset ownership data from more than 55% of U.S. hospitals and provides critical information to better inform purchase decisions for thousands of medical equipment items. For each model, Data Insights documents the number and timing of asset failures, shows the average maintenance hours required by asset age, and estimates the probability of equipment lasting for a specified number of years.
“Data Insights eliminates intuition and bias. It’s pure data. When you want to know how reliable a piece of equipment is, you have real timelines, real actions and real dollars, not just unquantifiable opinions of people whose experiences may or may not be typical,” says Matthew Clark, Manager, HTM support operations, Advocate Aurora Health. “In addition, we now have access to an industry-wide data set, which allows us to measure how we are performing compared to other hospitals. Better decisions impact our internal customers, our finances and our ability to deliver the best patient care.”
Data Insights also includes functionality to assist with operations, including:
- Device overviews that include FDA and recall information to aid in risk avoidance
- Reliability insights, failure rates, and mean time between failures
- Commonly used periodic maintenance (PM) schedules and corrective/periodic maintenance comparison charts to help optimize PM processes, guide alternative equipment maintenance decisions and reduce costs
- Life expectancy analysis based on three distinct survival analysis artificial intelligence algorithms
- Comparison features that allow users to see reliability metrics across multiple products side-by-side
“Accruent Data Insights offers organizations the ability to get the most from their equipment by making decisions based on the combined experiences of thousands of asset owners,” adds Greg Rivera, Accruent’s Chief Product and Strategy Officer. “By starting with the healthcare market, we hope to assist hospitals in cutting their operating costs to improve their financial outcomes and deliver the best patient care possible.”
Click here to watch an Accruent-sponsored webinar regarding optimizing your medical equipment spend with real-world data.