Cleveland-based PartsSource has launched a new clinical resource management platform aimed at helping medical equipment suppliers leverage the PartsSource.com marketplace to improve quality, deliverability, and performance across 3,500 hospitals and health systems.
“We’ve undertaken a comprehensive redesign of our platform to give our supplier partners the real-time, 360-degree feedback they need to improve the reliability, availability, and quality of their products and service to our mutual healthcare provider customers,” says Philip Settimi, MSE, MD, president and CEO of PartsSource. “For the first time anywhere, suppliers and providers are now on the same side of the table, each with access to the information they need to support a resilient healthcare supply chain.”
As a digital channel serving healthcare customers’ equipment, parts, accessories, service and training needs, PartsSource has data on millions of transactions from more than 3,500 hospitals. Now for the first time, medical device makers and service providers can access PartsSource data to gain real-time insights based on their customers’ direct experience. This visibility into their performance and reputation among their customers enables a continuous improvement strategy across quality, operations, and fulfillment.
By partnering with PartsSource, OEMs, suppliers and service providers gain new capabilities including:
- Quality reporting: Real-time analytics across a dozen quality metrics, including availability, reliability and other quantitative factors, powered by PartsSource’s Precision procurement, which leverages insights across 15 years and 3 billion longitudinal data elements.
- Supply visibility: View high-demand products to support inventory forecasting, with industry benchmarks, and insights to optimize the ordering experience for customers.
- Operational insights: Gain visibility into operational delivery including average time to ship and real time backorder analysis with order-aging metrics.
- Automation analytics: Automate purchasing for hospitals, boosting quality and service, through better content and EDI connectivity.
- Real-time performance: Instant access to more than 90,000 buyers seeking a streamlined, single source for purchasing medical equipment parts and service to increase uptime.
Real Results for Healthcare
The launch of PartsSource’s evidence-based clinical resource management platform comes at a pivotal time in a healthcare industry that increasingly expects a resilient supply chain. Until now, PartsSource officials say, the medical device supply chain has lacked visibility, transparency, and quality feedback to manufacturers and suppliers, resulting in friction that increases equipment downtime and limits the availability of critical medical devices for patient care.
Now with PartsSource, suppliers have free access to performance and operational analytics that reveal how well they are performing in delivering orders to hospitals, as well as the quality of the products they deliver, and insights into their own operations.
“No one reaches the healthcare provider customer base to the extent that PartsSource does, which is important for us since our products aren’t sourced to healthcare facilities through large buying groups,” says James Folk, director of healthcare solutions for Tripp Lite. “PartsSource has been an incredible partner for our brand.”