Professionals are encouraged to submit articles for review to John Bethune at email@example.com. Please read the following guidelines:
- Submit articles via e-mail as an MS-Word attachment (.doc).
- Articles should deal with topics of direct interest, with emphasis on products and practice-management solutions.
- Our features are generally 1,600 to 2,000 words, departments are 800 to 900 words, and news items can be 100 to 500 words. Editorial for the print product is due on the first of the month before the issue date (for example, articles for the February issue are due January 1.) The Web site is updated daily, and our e-newsletter comes out weekly.
- With features and departments, please send a brief author’s biography (3 to 6 sentences) that includes your contact info (preferably e-mail), current job title, credential abbreviations, academic and board affiliations, and the city and state in which you work.
- Color photos, illustrations, graphs, etc are welcome. Include full captions with all images. We like to print author photos, so please send a photo of yourself. Send color 300 dpi JPEG images. If photos are large, they can be sized down to increase resolution.
- Please use AMA style for any references you may include, and please be aware that for reasons of space, we include references only with online versions of our articles, so the references will not appear in the print magazine.