The ECRI Institute announced on February 17, 2014, that it has named the winners of its third annual Healthcare Supply Chain Achievement Awards. In all, 12 institutions were honored for demonstrating excellence in overall expense management and in adopting best-practice solutions in their supply chain processes.
The recipients of the 2014 Healthcare Supply Chain Achievement Award are
- Asante, Medford, Ore
- Banner Health, Phoenix, Ariz
- Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, Tex
- Broward Health, Fort Lauderdale, Fla
- HealthPartners, Bloomington, Minn
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, New York, NY
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas, Tex
- SCM Alliance, Inc., Boynton Beach, Fla
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, Calif
- University of Miami Health System, Miami, Fla
- UR Medicine, Rochester, NY
The winners were selected from almost 3,000 hospitals and health systems that subscribe to ECRI Institute’s supply and capital procurement advisory services. The evaluation included a complete study and analysis of each organization’s purchase order history, submitted on a routine basis. In addition, ECRI Institute looked at supply chain initiatives that included ongoing and consistent spend management and market analytics efforts for all medical devices.
For more information on this year’s winners, as well as previous exemplars of supply chain excellence, visit the ECRI website.