The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association is recognizing outstanding members for their dedication to improving the healthcare physical environment. Several awards will be presented during ASHE’s 54th Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition in August.
The Crystal Eagle award, considered ASHE’s “lifetime achievement” award, will be presented to Rajendra “Raj” N. Shah, PE, MBA, CHC, BSME, CHFM, FASHE, corporate project and plant manager at Bayonne Medical Center in Bayonne, New Jersey. Shah has contributed to the field of health care facility management in a variety of ways, including leadership roles in ASHE and several ASHE affiliated chapters. Shah has inspired many facility professionals over the course of his 35 years in the field.
The President’s Award, which is presented at the discretion of the sitting ASHE president to an individual who goes above and beyond to optimize the health care physical environment, will be presented to York Chan, CHC, SASHE, CHFM, facilities administrator for Advocate Health Care in Illinois.
Also at the Annual Conference, ASHE will recognize nearly 50 recipients of Ilse B. Almanza scholarships and members who attained senior (SASHE) and fellow (FASHE) status within ASHE. The FASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least seven years and have supported ASHE through education, leadership, and written contributions. The following members are new FASHE recipients:
- Michael A. Hatton, RPA, SMA, FASHE with Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston
- Edmund L. Lydon, CHFM, FASHE, with Beverly Hospital – A member of Lahey Health in Beverly, Mass.
- Terry M. Scott, MBA, CHFM, FASHE, with Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston
The SASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least five years and have supported ASHE in terms of education and leadership. The following members are new SASHE recipients:
- Laurie Anseth, CHFM, SASHE, with JLL/Main Line Health, Radnor, Pa.
- Alison W. Brisson, CHFM, SASHE, with Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Bedford, N.H.
- David L. Fashant, CHFM, SASHE, with Fairview Health Services in Edina, Minn.
- Kenneth Gibson, CHFM, SASHE, with Sodexo in San Diego
- Lynn Kenney Koffel, SASHE, with the Center for Health Design in Concord, Calif.
- Lennon A. Peake, SASHE, with Koffel Associates in Columbia, Md.
- Robby J. Robertson, SASHE, with Lahey Health in Burlington, Mass.