Eight practices recently received facility accreditation from the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM), joining a group around the nation recognized for proficiency, professionalism, and procedural excellence regarding the treatment of patients with sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing.
Those joining the ranks include:
· Blue Mountain Sleep Solutions, Milton-Freewater, Ore
· DBA Bay Area Sleep Apnea Oral Appliance Center, Millbrae, Calif
· Dental Sleep Options, Leawood, Kan
· Erie Dental Sleep Therapy, LLC, Erie, Pa
· MyoTech Sleep Solutions, Moline, Ill
· Simmons Dental Sleep Medicine, Tarzana, Calif
· Snoring & Sleep Apnea Dental Treatment Center, Edina, Minn
· Zanesville Dental Sleep Medicine Center, Zanesville, Ohio
“The accreditation program was developed to define excellence in dental sleep medicine,” said B. Gail Demko, DMD, president of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and dental director for the accredited Sleep Apnea Dentists of New England facility. “Patients and referring physicians can have peace of mind when working with an accredited facility, knowing that the facility has proven, recognized excellence in every aspect of care.”
In order to become accredited, facilities must meet quality measures outlined in the AADSM’s Standards for Accreditation of Dental Sleep Medicine Facilities. These standards detail expectations for the proficiency of a facility’s dental director and staff; practice of policies and procedures to oversee the acceptance, documentation, and billing of patients; and professionalism of consumer care, follow-up, service, and safety.