The Joint Commission is now accepting submissions for the 2020 Pioneers in Quality: Proven Practices program, which recognizes hospitals and health systems that have successfully leveraged electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) and health information technology to advance quality improvement.
The Pioneers in Quality program provides organizations an opportunity to share their eCQM stories, tips, and strategies. Recognized organizations contribute to the body of eCQM knowledge within the Proven Practices Collection and are recognized in one or more of the following categories:
- Expert Contributor: A hospital or health system that submits an eCQM Proven Practice that is determined by the Pioneers in Quality Advisory Panel to have exceptionally strong applicability and specific, concrete recommendations for other organizations to improve their own eCQM use. Expert Contributors are featured in the Proven Practices Collection and present during a national webinar.
- Solution Contributor: A hospital or health system that submits an eCQM Proven Practice that is used to help inform Pioneers in Quality program activities and determine trends to include within the collection. These organizations contribute to the body of knowledge about the current eCQM environment, including barriers and challenges to eCQM data collection and quality improvement.
- Expert or Solution Contributor for Measure Development and Testing: A hospital or health system that has participated in Joint Commission measure development and testing activities.
Additionally, to be considered for participation in the program, hospitals and health systems must:
- Be accredited by The Joint Commission
- Have submitted eCQM data to either The Joint Commission or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Be willing to share their solution in the Proven Practices Collection and/or present (if invited) during a Pioneers in Quality webinar
The submission deadline is April 1. Organizations may submit their eCQM best practices here.